If you or a loved one have been in a bicycle accident in Jacksonville FL, you may be wondering if you need a lawyer. The answer is yes. Here are four reasons why:
Related Article: Bicycle Crashes: Know How to Protect Your Rights
- Bicycle accidents can be complex. Many times, there are multiple parties involved, and each party may have a different version of what happened. This can make it difficult to determine who is at fault and who should be held responsible for damages. In addition, there may be multiple liable parties, which can further complicate the situation.
- The insurance company is not on your side:They will try to minimize the amount they have to pay out on your claim, and they may even deny your claim altogether. An experienced bicycle accident lawyer will fight for the full compensation you deserve.
- You may be entitled to more money than you realize: In addition to medical bills and lost wages, you may be able to recover damages for pain and suffering, emotional distress, and property damage. A well seasoned lawyer will know how to investigate your case and maximize your recovery.
- The statute of limitations is short: In Florida, you have only four years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. If you wait too long, you will lose your right to recovery entirely. An attorney will make sure your case is filed in a timely manner.
At Terrell Hogan, we understand that being involved in a bicycle accident can be a traumatic experience. You may be dealing with serious injuries, and you may be worried about how you will pay your medical bills or support yourself and your family. Our Jacksonville bicycle accident lawyers have many years of experience representing injured cyclists, and we know how to build a strong case on your behalf.
We will work tirelessly to get you the compensation you deserve, and we will make sure that your rights are protected throughout the process.
Here Is What To Expect When You Work With Us:
- Free Case Evaluation: We will review the facts of your case and give you our honest opinion of your chances of success. If we believe you have a good case, we will work on a contingency basis, which means you will not owe us any attorney fees unless we successfully get you compensation.
- Accident Investigation: We will thoroughly investigate the accident to identify all possible defendants and insurance coverage. This may include talking to witnesses, reviewing police reports, and inspecting the accident scene.
- Demand for Compensation: Once we have gathered all the evidence, we will send a demand letter to the at-fault party’s insurance company outlining our findings and demanding compensation for your injuries.
- Negotiation with Insurance Company: In most cases, the insurance company will respond to our demand letter with an initial settlement offer. We will review the offer with you and advise you on whether we think it is fair. We will negotiate with the insurance company to get a better offer if it is not.
- Trial: If we cannot reach a fair settlement with the insurance company, we will not hesitate to take your case to trial. Our experienced trial lawyers will fight for you in court to get the compensation you deserve.
If you’ve been injured in an accident, you may be wondering if you have a case. The best way to find out is to schedule a free case evaluation with our experienced Jacksonville bicycle accident lawyers. We will review the facts of your case and give you our honest opinion of your chances of success. If we believe you have a good case, we will work on a contingency basis, which means you will not owe us any attorney fees unless we successfully get you compensation.
To schedule your free case evaluation, simply call us today at (904) 722-2228 or fill out our personal injury law form on our website. We look forward to helping you get the justice and compensation you deserve.