SCS Direct Recalls Over 100,000 Magnet Ball Sets

SCS is recalling 106,000 Magnet Ball sets. The recall involves both the “The Original” and “Rainbow Bright” magnet ball sets sold in a round silver tin. Each of the sets include 216 round high-powered magnets that are 5mm in length. These magnets were sold in both silver and multi-color sets.
The recall was announced because when two or more magnets are swallowed they can link together inside of a child’s intestines and grab body tissue. This can cause intestinal barriers, punctures, and even death. Internal injuries from magnets can cause severe permanent health issues.
Though there have been no reports of injuries from this particular item, The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has received 80 reports of children swallowing high-powered magnets, and all but one required medical attention.
These magnetic balls were sold exclusively at Amazon.com from August 2010 through May 2012 for about $20. Parents and other responsible adults should stop the use of the recalled magnets at once and contact SCS Direct for directions on returning the product for a $20 store credit.
For more information click here.

About The Author

Wayne Hogan

Wayne Hogan

Wayne Hogan, a Jacksonville native, has been with the firm since 1977. He graduated from Florida State University, where he received both his bachelor’s and J.D. degrees. He specializes in all areas of personal injury law. In addition to participating in many professional associations, he and his wife, Pat, are also actively involved in the community.