Attorney, Chris Shakib and his team at Terrell • Hogan in association with Wayne Hogan are actively pursuing claims against the manufacturers of Darvocet® and Darvon®.
On November 19, 2010, the manufacturer of Darvocet® and Darvon®, Xanodyne Pharmaceuticals, voluntarily removed the pain reliever propoxyphene from the market following the release of new clinical data which significantly altered the medication’s risk/benefits profile. The new clinical data shows adverse effects on the electrical activity of the heart with normal doses in otherwise healthy people.
Darvocet & Darvon Facts
- Propoxyphene-based opioid medicine which is used to treat mild to moderate pain and commonly prescribed for arthritis pain.
- Propoxyphene has been one of the deadliest drugs on the market for the past 50 years and is associated with well over 10,000 confirmed deaths in the United States alone.
- According to recent studies, the standard therapeutic dose of the ingredient, propoxyphene, can be harmful to the heart.
- For 32 years, consumer groups have questioned the safety and efficacy of propoxyphene, which was used by over 10 million Americans last year alone.
- The FDA has now banned the use of propoxyphene in the United States.
Cardiovascular Side Effects Of Propoxyphene
- Potentially fatal heart rhythm abnormalities
- Interruption of the heart’s transmission of electrical impulses
- Slowed heartbeat
- Absence of contractions
- Diminished myocardial contractility (weakened heart contractions)
- Hypotention (abnormally low blood pressure)
Are you entitled to compensation?
If you or a loved one has suffered any of these cardiac issues, stroke, heart attack, or other cardiac side effects during the course of taking Darvon, Darvocet or propoxyphene, you may be entitled to compensation. Terrell • Hogan is offering a free case evaluation to all patients who have experienced heart problems while taking this pain medication. Because of the recall, you may be able to participate in a defective drug lawsuit if you were injured or lost a loved one due to the cardiac risks of propoxyphene. To find out if you are eligible to pursue a lawsuit, please contact us by phone 24-hours a day, 7-days a week at (888) 244-5557 (888) 244-5557 or you can contact me by email at email@example.com.
Why choose Terrell • Hogan for representation?
- For over 30 years, Terrell • Hogan has represented victims and their families as they seek justice.
- Our dedicated staff is committed to understanding your concerns so that we can provide you with the help you need.
- We believe in building confidential, professional relationships with each of our clients.
- Our lawyers have extensive trial experience in virtually every category of personal injury. They all have excellent educational backgrounds and experience, and most importantly, they all share a sense of compassion, dedication and desire to represent our clients to the best of their ability.
- We are often selected by other law firms seeking outside counsel on cases. We have teams of attorneys who provide deep experience in practically every category of personal injury.
- We plan to take every case to trial. Of the cases Terrell • Hogan has taken to trial, our success rate is in excess of 90 percent.
- Our firm has been involved in multi-defendant litigation in the toxic tort field for over two decades and has extensive experience in the field of punitive damages.
- Our goal is to help you seek the justice you deserve.
WebMD – Drugs & Medications – Propoxyphene
ABC News – Manufacturer Pulls Darvon, Darvocet; FDA Wants Generic Makers to do the Same
ABC News – FDA Pulls Darvon Painkiller Due to Safety Risks
U.S. Food and Drug Administration – FDA Drug Safety Communication: FDA recommends against the continued use of propoxyphene
US Recall News – Darvocet Recall – Potentially Fatal Heart Abnormalities Final Straw
Public Citizen – 2006 – Prescription Painkiller Causes Many Fatalities; Petition Filed Today with FDA